Sunday, March 22, 2015

Why I Write About My Bible Reading

I have a sort of feeling that if anyone is actually reading this (doubtful) they might think it's weird or inappropriate for me to write about my Bible reading every day. The thing is, I need motivation. I want to have a better relationship with Christ, and I want to study/ meditate on the Bible for that reason. But... so far I have really been struggling. I know I need to be in the Bible- I need it desperately! But most days, getting up early to read it is the LAST thing I want to do. Writing motivates me, because I love doing it, even when it's just a short post about what I read. Writing publicly gives me a sense of accountability. I've tried accountability with individual people before, and it never lasted long. I'm not going to write anything too personal on here, this isn't my diary. I'll just write something I learned from the passage every day. I don't care if you read it, or if you comment, although you can, if you want to. I don't think it will be a great blog because again, I'm not going to spend a lot of time on it every day. I'm just doing it for me. Together we will get through the Bible, my blog and me. Hopefully in the process I'll become a more Christlike person and a better (if you ARE reading this) sister, daughter, friend, co-worker, student, and church member and more encouraging to YOU. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment